1.Purpose of Use of Personal Information
The user’s personal information will be acquired and used for the following purposes:
- Receipt of applications concerning the Service, and provision of the Service;
- Implementation of questionnaires concerning the Service, products, etc.;
- Development of new services and products relating to the Service;
- Invitations, operation, management and provision of various information for various events and campaigns relating to the Service;
- Communications concerning the provision of the Service and products; and
- Responses to inquiries, requests, etc.
2.Acquisition of Personal Information
The user’s personal information will be acquired according to an appropriate and fair means.
3.Disclosure and Provision to Third Parties
The Company will not disclose or provide the user’s information to third parties unless any of the following applies:
- If there is the consent of the user;
- If disclosure or provision is demanded under the laws and regulations;
- If it is required for the protection a person’s life, body or property and there is difficulty in obtaining the user’s consent;
- If cooperation is required in carrying out official affairs by the state or regional government, etc., and there is the likelihood that obtaining the user’s consent will interfere with the performance of such affairs;
- If the Company notifies the user of, or places in a condition that can be easily known by such individual, in advance (i) that the provision to third-parties will be set as the purpose of use, (ii) the items of personal data that will be provided to third parties, (iii) the means or method for the provision to third parties, and (iv) that it will cease, in response to the individual's request, a third-party provision of personal data that can identify the individual, and if the provision to third parties is ceased according to the individual’s request;
- If disclosure or provision is made in a condition whereby the individual cannot be identified, such as by statistical data;
- If provision is made in relation to the succession of business due to merger, company split, business transfer or other reasons;
- If Company or a business partner with whom Company has executed a confidentiality agreement concerning personal information uses information to provide individual services such as settlements and after-services; or
- If services are entrusted to third parties in regards to the handling of personal information.
4.Management of Personal Information
The personal information will be properly managed, and utmost care will be given to prevent its divulgence, loss, falsification or otherwise. Internal training will be provided to officers and employees regarding the protection and proper handling of personal information. In addition, a retention period for the personal information will be separately determined according to the purpose of use, and such information will be disposed of by appropriate methods after such retention period.
5.Disclosure, Revision, Deletion, Addition, Suspension of Use, Removal
If a request for (1) disclosure, (2) revision, deletion or addition, or (3) suspension of use or removal, with respect to the user’s personal information that is in the possession of the Company in relation to the Service, is made by the user by the designated method, the following measures will be taken within a reasonable period and scope, upon confirmation that the requestor is the individual; provided, however, that all or a part of such measure may not be taken if there is the likelihood of harm to the individual’s or a third party’s life, health, property, etc., if a significant interference to the Company’s business will occur, or the laws and regulations will otherwise be violated:
- For disclosures, a response will be given;
- For revisions, deletions and additions, the contents of the request will be investigated, and revisions, etc. to the contents will be made as necessary; and
- Suspension of use or removal will be made; however, please make such request with the understanding that services may no longer be provided as requested due to such suspension of use or removal.
This Policy explains the handling of the user’s personal information in the Service, and the user using the Service will be deemed to have fully understood and consented to the contents of this Policy.
Furthermore, the Company shall be able to change this Policy at any time.
7.Contact for Inquiries
Please contact the below for inquiries regarding this Policy:
- Address: 5th Floor Nihonbashi IT Building 3-3-9 Nihonbashi-Muromachi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo
- Company name: avatarin Inc.
- Department in charge: Corpotate Administration
- Email address: email@example.com